The 2008 NCTE Annual Convention is only 3 weeks away. Before you know it, youll be in San Antonio attending sessions, giving presentations, and connecting with friends and colleagues.
How can you get your presentation underway now, before those 3 weeks fly by? Simply log on to the 2008 NCTE Annual Convention Ning and follow the instructions to post information about your session.
Once you kick off the discussion in the presentation forum, youll be able to
- Build interest in your session before you even pack a suitcase! Share details about your presentation for other attendees who are looking for more than the online program tells them!
- Post longer materials and additional resources—anything from a bibliography to a PowerPoint presentation. Dont print out copies. Just point people to the materials online.
- Introduce yourself with your profile page. Use your Ning Profile to tell people who you are, where you teach, your educational interests, and more.
- Share session materials with educators who wont be in San Antonio. Wed all love to attend the Annual Convention, but realistically we know everyone wont make it. Use your discussion forum as a way to reach out to colleagues who are interested in your topic
- Get reactions from friends and colleagues to the ideas and materials youll be sharing. Why wait? You can start the discussion now, and include related information during your session in San Antonio.
- Point to other resources youd like to attendees to know about. Are you a member of an NCTE affiliate or assembly? Do you do work with the National Writing Project? Want to encourage others to participate in educational events and advocacy? Just share the details in your sessions discussion forum.
- Distribute follow-up materials and information after the session easily. Once your presentation is over, you can post any additional information or resources right in your sessions discussion forum.
- Invite people to share their related handouts and URLs after the session. Session attendees mention similar projects or useful websites? Just point them to your discussion forum to post the details.
- Ask for feedback and responses to your session. Want to hear what others have to say? Use your sessions discussion forum as a space for ongoing conversation about your presentation.
- Document your participation in the session. When youre gathering resources to share with your administration about your trip to NCTEs Annual Convention, everything will be in one place!